Saturday, November 20, 2010

Lillian

My daughter's grade school friend Lillian posted this on facebook:
O, Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to console; to be understood as to understand; to be loved as to love.
There is logic behind the wisdom .. if all seekers to get .. no one to give ... if all seekers to give ... we might get lucky ... that's the pragmatic pessimist within me ... but I also know the true satisfaction of giving for its own sake ... and yet it does not fill the emptiness or fulfill the need ... just something worth doing and a distraction from dwelling in the need. Nothing fills the kind of void that sucks like a black hole all that people give.

Hope is truly evil because is holds you to life, paralyzes you because you don't move on. Hope is truly good because it keeps you living, possibility is inexhaustible as tomorrow is always ahead.

Someday all too soon my dog will pass away, and I will find out what she has been to me besides someone who always loves me ... does she hold me to life as someone to love, as someone who needs me or does she hold me to home, to not letting go, to not living any kind of real life or does she simply provide my excuses for whatever I am doing or not doing today. I do wish she was not my dog today, because someone else would surely take better care of her at this point than I seem to be able to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

United States
speaking to a universe without ears