Sunday, November 7, 2010

ideals

From Criminal Minds:
"No man or woman who tries to pursue an ideal in his or her own way is without enemies." Daisy Bates
You know I only watch the new shows now. I use tivo and skip to the quotes.
"In order for the light to shine so brightly, the darkness must be present." Francis Bacon
I feel submerged, sinking farther and farther down into the darkness, and the light seems more and more unreachable each day. I am so very cold.
"No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible." [unknown]
I don't know whether this is a good thing or a bad thing. Possible is a burden. There is no guarantee. And as time goes on, likelihood narrows.
"Within the core of each of us, is the child we once were. This child constitutes the foundation of what we have become, who we are, and what we will be." Dr. R. Joseph
That's the good news and the bad news. It's the foundation that sources the never ending need, and the kindness and loving that I thrive on giving.
 "There is no formula for success, except perhaps a unconditional acceptance of life and what it brings." [Arthur Ruebensen ]~unsure of last name
 That's probably the same formula for failure — accepting what is and not challenging it.
"There is no refuge from confession but suicide, and suicide is confession." Daniel Webster 
I understand the dilemma. My daughter leaned on me last week; she shared with me and she asked for my help. She knows that I am always there for her. Suicide is a hard option to take given that is true. Some might say the fact that she and Kian love me would be enough. It's not. It's hard even when the best choice is to live and even when I want to live.
"The most authentic thing about us is our capacity to create, to overcome, to endure, to transform, to love, and to be greater than our suffering." Ben Ocree~unsure of last name
Sometimes I feel I am a fraud. I am amazed by Princess's capacity to not give up on me. I know she's a dog, but still. Everyone cannot be helped. People have to give up on some people. Sometimes, out of kindness and love, I make that easier for them. You can't do that successfully with a dog. A dog never stops loving you until they die.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

United States
speaking to a universe without ears