Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Just posted this comment to PZ's blog

My comment  #255 voted for the humorous political humor of RoyZimmerman at Pharyngula blog (the author, PZ Myers, is single-handedly responsible for Christie being in the lead for the $10,000 scholarship.)
''It may be f**cking cold here in Vermont, and I am disciplining myself to keep the heat off until december (needed to pay my property tax and I'm on disability. Besides its only 48 degrees in here and blankets are warm if you put your head under them... Not possible while I am typing, but I did enjoy the entertaining clips and wanted to support them.) ... I digress ... the point I was started  to make is that at least we in VERMONT KNOW HOW TO VOTE!  ;)
And besides, this is an opportunity for me to bitch about the TV pundits. The say the same things over and over again, louder and louder, as if that will make them true. They assume that a house change of power means that we all of a sudden changed our priorities ... but the fact is (excluding the racial biased vote, and excessively religious to the point of being wiling to compromise other american's freedom and equal right to the pursuit of happiness), people are bit pissed at some of the ridiculous behavior of the majority of our Democratic leaders who took an outlandish majority, as a license to throw in the kitchen sink with needed legislation.
Note: Americans still blame our financial mess, 1st on Wall Street, 2nd on Bush, and 3rd on Obama. And many of these people voted Republican. (And it doesn't automatically indicate they will vote republican next presidential election.)  
Besides, before you all whine too much, consider how disruptive the Tea Party is to the Republican party. And people are pretty pissed off at their stalling tactics. And God bless Christine O Donald, she gave us a democratic senator... (for you atheists, it's their God I am talking about) and she wasn't the only one. And Alaska has a pissed off ex-republican who is likely to win the senate seat. And we all learned that Palin is a clan leader of a family feud ... how funny is that!
Some established Republicans believe we want the Bush era again ... how dumb is that?
And one more thing, the president is a brilliant man (unlike Bush - understatement of the century). If anyone can pull off success in the next two years, it is him. And the economy will get better and people will be happier.
You all should listen to his conversation with Jon Stewart of the Daily Show ... I was inspired. I was more inspired by the rally for Sanity... watch that too... (If you missed it)
Change takes time... I was born in 1956, consider how long it took us to have a Black president. Nothing happens overnight. I remember school busing!
I also remember a war where veterans were spit on by the "left." That repulsed me then and I was against the war. (Ironic that many of the spitters now spit on people who criticize the war.) Maybe even some of you older "lefties" were spitters too?
Gay marriage is out in the open now, the courts support it and it's all over the news and Oprah and Ellen (LOL). No matter how upset the "offended" opponents are, they will not prevail any more than the KKK did. And they are not all bigots. It takes time for some people to realize that their faith is not being violated and their children are not at risk if someone's lifestyle that conflicts with theirs is considered normal and acceptable. There will be a time when a gay man/woman will be president, not in my lifetime probably, but likely in my daughter's (after all we are still waiting to have on a woman president).
And speaking of my daughter, she is Christie Wilcox. You know, that nerdy scientist who is up for a $10,000 scholarship, and for whom you have all rallied around. (Bless you all by the way and thank you.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

United States
speaking to a universe without ears