Sunday, December 12, 2010

Twitter is fun ... weird

A few people follow me on twitter who make sense and a few do not. TheBrowHouse (all about eyebrow shaping), one who does not, however, has some interesting quote about love.
The more I think it over, the more I feel that there is nothing more truly artistic than to love people. - Vincent van Gogh
Vincent van Gogh is a favorite of mine ever since he was portrayed on Doctor Who. 
One word frees us of all the weight and pain of life: that word is love. - Sophocles
It's not the word that frees us, loving does; so does feeling loved.
Love is an act of endless forgiveness, a tender look which becomes a habit. - Peter Ustinov
I liked getting definitions of love when I was high school senior. These while not definitions are true at times about love.
Hellen Keller - The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched -- they must be felt with the heart. 
I think it would be more accurate to say that all experience is enhanced when felt with the heart.
“Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it” - Confucius
What is ironic is that this tweeter is a Make-Up person. However this next one is a killer... hysterical:
“It is better to be beautiful than to be good, but it is better to be good than to be ugly.” Oscar Wilde
If by "better" he means more acceptable in society ... then yes. I would rather be kind and obese and ugly than unkind, thin, and beautiful, but I would like to think these are not the only options.  "Good" is an unclear term but I would rather be good than evil and I would give up beauty or choose ugly for that choice without question. So... doesn't surprise me that I don't fit in at all.

I like thinking about stuff that I find interesting ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

United States
speaking to a universe without ears