Monday, December 13, 2010

Brenda Lowe of this season's survivor

Brenda Lowe has been my favorite survivor and the person I wanted to win since pretty much the beginning. Like my son, she is charming. She's a great strategist and while she did make a key mistake in the game and ended up voted off, she still remains my favorite. I like her confidence and her clarity about who she is and how she is and her adherence to that behavior. But it was the day after she was voted off, when the 2 quitters quit, that she most impressed me. I expected her to at least think ... man, couldn't it have rained hard the night before ... or want ask them  ... gee how come you voted me out if you wanted to quit? But she did neither. Nor did she complain in any way to them. In fact, she convinced another jury member to welcome them as she did. Moreover, she went out her way to listen them and to not judge them and celebrate with them in a "girls" slumber party. And while she admitted that none of their explanations made any sense to her, she still listened without countering them. It was the most kind and generous act I have seen, and one that did not occur to me. So I am writing Ellen.
Dear Ellen, I love your show, for the kindness and for the laughter. And I wondered if you might celebrate this year's survivor, Brenda Lowe, for her extraordinary act of kindness. She was my favorite player because she was charming and smart and kind. While she made a key mistake and was voted off, it was what she did the very next night when two 2 players quit that most impressed me. 1st she convinced a fellow jury member to welcome them and be kind; 2nd she asked they why and just listened without judgment. She also spent that night, having a girl’s slumber party, with them while they talked. They quit because of cold rain and hunger with 11 days left. She admits what they said made no sense, , yet she treated them as people in the real world, because that's where they were now, never even thinking .. gee why didn't rain hard the night before? There has been so much hate on the blog because of one of the quitters, that I thought her act extraordinary and worthy of celebration. I have taken vocal stands against the racial hate towards both one of the quitters and her and have been bullied with obscenities because of it. I hope you could support that stand and allow her to win one of your giveaways, or to just be on your show. It would warm my heart to see her kindness celebrated. While I realize that you could never help me, because you need positive examples, and being clinically depressed, that is something I could never be, it helps me to see kindness celebrated.
Just sent this. I hope this happens as I will feel heard an know that my voice matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

United States
speaking to a universe without ears