Wednesday, December 8, 2010

repeating the past

Criminal Minds: Dale Turner mused:
"Some of the best lessons are learned from past mistakes. The error of the past is the wisdom of the future."
Thing is we keep repeating the past mistakes. Wisdom seems to elude humanity, I think it is because it has  to be relearned and requires introspection. Wisdom is not in the best interest of those who seek power and excessive wealth. People are more easily managed when they are ignorant and are motivated by fear or are driven by rigid ideologies.

Criminal Minds: Ralph Waldo Emerson:
"In order to learn the important lessons in life, one must each day surmount a fear."
I understand the logic but that is all it is. But is is just an idea. Reality is more like this: Every inch you push a boulder up an endless hill is just one more inch. It's never easier. It is just exhausting. Sometimes I push, other times I stay put ... either way the boulder is still heavy, and if I let it slip back downwards ... it's all the harder to regain ground, and there doesn't seem to be a bottom where I can rest peacefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

United States
speaking to a universe without ears