Thursday, December 2, 2010

quitting..

I understand that quitting is about giving up before you run out of steam ... in anticipation of what you expect you cannot handle.

I understand in the moments of deep despair how wanting out is so real ... but when it passes or at least lessens cause it always does (nothing stays the same), quitting then is kind of crazy ...

I can understand not wanting things to be worse and I can understand how tomorrow looks even bleaker, but quitting is about giving up before you hit that point of no return.

I can't imagine how horrific it would be for me to choose to opt out ... but that's at this moment ... I have felt worse, lots worse, but I still cannot imagine it being so bad that I opt out ... and I am glad that I do not know that place. Still may end up there. Just don't know... That's what the quitters on survivor taught me ... I don't know about tomorrow.

It breaks my heart that children do ... that they haven't had enough life experience to weather the bad times. Inspiration doesn't help people in despair, listening, being there accepting them and empathizing with them, and helping them see brightness where it does exist and to weigh it more heavily does help; being a friend makes a difference, but it is no guarantee.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

United States
speaking to a universe without ears