Thursday, December 2, 2010

Crazy night on survivor.

Two players quit tonight with only 10 days left ...I thought .... why would you do that.... I made this comment:
I can't wait to hear the ponderosa interactions ... 2 very spoiled children ... so pathetic not to hang on for the next 11 days... made me appreciate life more.
Oddly it does make me appreciate making it through one more day. I know I don't have million dollar carrot out there, but I don't know about tomorrow and how could I not give it a chance. Especially with the perspective of how much my kids matter to me. I know that at moments like this I feel normal and I also know that on the phone today and in the store I had real good taste of high anxiety but that passes. I live through each though they do wear me down at times.


The two had all day to think about it ..... Purple Kelly got warm and had extra rice and NaOnka got tons of food at the reward. And still both quit. My comment:
Wow! I don't know if it more crazy that they both quit or that NaOnka thought she could win ... totally nuts!
and regarding NaOnka:
@Ken ... not a different world ... NaOnka's in a different universe....an inside-out, backwards, reverse everything one. I love Jeff's absolute shock at NaOnka's opinion of herself.... (I wish he said out loud what he was thinking... "You do know you have to get jury votes don't you?") ROFLOL Thank you for the rain! 
and this cause the hate towards her still bugs me:
No use wasting breath on NaOnka ... this show should be an embarrassment to her, but I suspect that this is just her "normal" behavior. I think she believes that if she stands by her opinion of herself that it makes it real ... and I suppose in her head it does ... just thankful I don't live there! ... still loving the rain :)No use wasting breath on NaOnka ... this show should be an embarrassment to her, but I suspect that this is just her "normal" behavior. I think she believes that if she stands by her opinion of herself that it makes it real ... and I suppose in her head it does ... just thankful I don't live there! ... still loving the rain :) 
and this was fun to post too:
to all you NaOnka "non-fans" You have to admit ... this is the best way ever for her to go ... quitting on a full stomach! How absolutely fitting .... I am smiling .... no need to hate, besides she did have a few good moments, assuming you didn't blink and miss them. ;) (like that she gave Chase her idol) 

and regarding Purple Kelly:
Sweet purple Kelly ... most of us have something we are very glad that only a few at most ever know ... shame that yours is out there for eternity and you so young too! [shaking my head]! 
Ryan commented about these two learning from this and I wrote:
@Ryan ... Purple Kelly may regret it, not sure (curious to see how she thinks about it after a good meal and sleep) --- in her defense, her lack of life experience, food, and sleep may have overwhelmed her, but NaOnka is unlikely to learn anything (she never regrets any of her behavior and that's a shame for her.) 
I love it when Jeff gets blown away by people. I think tonight he was just disgusted. I wrote:
I love the way Jeff messes with everyone ... roflol
I liked the way Jeff wanted the exits to be different than being voted off. I thought:
I like the idea of breaking their torches or at least leave them in the sand upside down... What I don't understand is ... why not one more day? Just ask ... can I actually take it one more day? Why not?
I could have understood purple Kelly if she came in feeling starved, sleep deprived, crying, unable to take it any more, but to move pass that and quit .... that's where my perspective on life changed by this. Probably why I am still alive writing here.


One remarkable thing was Holly sacrificing her reward for all to get rice and a tarp. It was a noble gesture and in the moment, I would have done the same. But I thought it odd that she complained about NaOnka not giving up the reward, but that was because at that moment I didn't know for sure NaOnka was quitting. I suspect she had firmly made up her mind before the challenge and the reward:
@Michelle .... I agree sort of... (I would have assumed NaOnka taking the rewards was about eating to stay in the game, so I wouldn't have complained about NaOnka until after she quit. Bit Holly was totally right.) Also, I don't think purple Kelly would have taken the reward and then quit.
What's hard top believe is that just one day before they voted off my favorite player, Brenda, and today they walked out ... (One rainy night changed everything!) I am dying to watch the ponderosa clips. Like I wrote:
‎@Kim ... can't wait ... ROFLOL! I want it uncensored!
and I had this thought:
I bet Brenda is saying ... gee whiz (or wtf) guys ... why didn't you bail yesterday when I was still playing!
Can't help but wish for my favorite player to be back in...
@Michael ... I would have enjoyed Marty + Brenda immediately back in (if they said yes (duh!)) and a double-elimination next week. But as it is ... the alliances are shot ... can't wait till next week.... I love survivor .... (Also can't wait for the ponderosa clips! I am guessing Alina will still be whining. Love to know why she cried) 
So many people are upset that these 2 still are on the jury and wanting to change how it is. Makes me laugh. I love the show:
@Lisa ... love it! Yup some folks here are tad too attached to the show being other than it is ... I love survivor!
I think it is funny that anyone would expect there to a policy about just quitting near the end:
Guys ... give the show a break ... I mean who would ever think to have a policy in place for quitters who are not even injured and whose health is not at risk if they stayed.
I find it odd that so many people want the most deserving person to win, cause that's not the game: 
Thing about survivor .... it's not a game about being "deserving" ... so it is fitting that they are still on the jury ... would love to have been a fly on the wall at the ponderosa though! 
When I posted this comment there were about 910 comments; now there are are about 1135 ...
over 900 comments so far ... do ya think was a great night?? yup! ..... What an absolutely perfect night ... talk about screwing up the alliances! Can't wait until next week! 
One guy (Ryan) said he used this as a lesson to his son and I commented:
‎@Ryan ... tell him ... all they have to ask themselves each remaining day is ... Why not one more day? Can't I last one more day?
Like I said at the start, I real way this episode changed me.... Will it stick?

Criminal Minds: Friedrich Nietzsche wrote:
"Hope is the worst in evils, for it prolongs the torment of man."
Criminal Minds: Emily Dickerson wrote:
"Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul and sings the tune without words and never stops at all."
I agree to both of these. I don't hate the "quitters" anymore than I hate the teenagers who give up and commit suicide. Hating makes no sense. That people feel deep sadness for those who kill themselves out of despair and disgust for those who give up by quitting makes no sense to me. To both I would ask couldn't anyone help you see it differently.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

United States
speaking to a universe without ears