Saturday, October 9, 2010

what to do with all the pain...

I write poetry. Or hit my head or arm hard against the wall. I know, poetry is the better .. socially acceptable choice... physical pain's a desperate solution to way too much anxiety. I felt that pull when the lights went out the other night. I had not felt that desire in a long time.

Dying Alive. I hadn't reread this poem since I wrote it on 05-17-08 11:50 pm.


While composing this post I was listening to Criminal Minds in the background. I like the quotes at the beginning and end of the episodes. I listen to them while playing games on the computer. I often feel compelled to watch over again episodes that I prerecord. With Criminal Minds I often skip to the quotes of ones I have seen more than twice. Sometimes watching the episode is too dark.

In this episode Helen Keller was quoted.
"Many persons have the wrong idea of what constitutes true happiness. It is not attained through self-gratification, but through fidelity to a worthy purpose."


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

United States
speaking to a universe without ears