Tuesday, September 21, 2010

thoughts...

A lot of people like and have been touched by me in a positive way. All my children's friends felt loved by me. I liked them for who they were as they were, and I saw the best in them.

I have a gift of being empathetic, being able to see what matters to people and I love easily and freely. My children have never had to be any thing but who they are. I instilled my value of kindness. I am proud of how kind my children are.

Obese people think that are not the cause of their children's obesity. They are. They have full control over the in take and the exercise their children get. My children are not obese because I did not raise them that way.

There was a movie about a strict Christian family whose 16 year old daughter had her boyfriend slaughter her brother, mother, and father and burn their house. The father survived. This girl sang in the church choir, and was loved by her family. This was an evil thing she did and there is no excuse, but there is an explanation. No one understand how come she changed. She didn't really, not at her core. The point is that she was never instilled with the values of her church or for human life. She was self-centered and spoiled. She did not ever learn and embrace the fundamental value of love. The first clue was how the sheltered and isolated her and restricted her. You can't just preach values successfully. The telling comment though was when they laid down the law and prevented this teen from seeing her boyfriend anymore. No one seems to understand how her upbringing was a causal factor. Her parents did not see her for who she was, but rather as what they thought she should be...that angel singing. I wonder how much rage she held inside and for how long. You can harm a soul with good intentions. The parents had good intentions, they were not evil. 
The story is tragic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

United States
speaking to a universe without ears